Skilligence Pty Ltd, trading as Junior Engineers, ABN 12 600 600 164 (we, us and our refer to Skilligence Pty Ltd or related entities providing services as described below) is committed to providing quality services to you, and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations in respect of how we manage your personal information. Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies and individual.
We are sensitive to privacy issues and take seriously the ongoing trust placed in us. We have committed to compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), which detail how personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and destroyed, and how an individual may gain access to or make complaints about the personal information held about them.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only collect personal information that is necessary for the programming and delivery of our services which include:
- The purchase of any of our products and services
- When you register your interest or request information in any of our products or services, provide feedback to us, or provide your contact information to us for any purposes
- When we deliver of coding and education services to program participants; programs are run face-to-face, online and via subscription services.
- When we deliver day-to-day operation of Junior Engineers business activities, including recruitment and employment of our permanent and casual workforce.
- When we engage with schools and corporate partners to deliver Junior Engineers programs
- The operations of our websites, software platforms, marketing and customer data platforms
We collect and record Personal Information about individuals such as:
- Our students, potential students and their parents/guardians
- Our tutors
Our investors and shareholders
- Our suppliers and their representatives.
- Contractors and Sub-Contractors who provide goods and services to us.
- Our employees past and present, including applicants
- Any other person who comes into contact with us.
The types of personal information we may collect depends on the purpose for which we need the information and may include the following:
- your contact details, including your full name, street address, billing address, postal address, email address; and telephone number
- Billing information (credit or debit card information), processed securely via our third-party payment platform. Skilligence does not store credit card information directly.
- your date of birth and age;
- your occupation; and/or details of your existing education institution, course of study, teachers or students enrolled.
- Data associated with your learning, including but not limited to code, progress reporting, activity summaries (Learning Data)
- your IP address, browser type, domain names, browsing preferences, access times and the addresses of referring websites;
- your organisation’s contact details, street address, billing address, postal address, email address and telephone number
Personal information is obtained in many ways including: correspondence, by telephone, by email, by our website www.juniorengineers.com.au, from your website, from media and publications and other publicly available sources, and from third parties.
We collect personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients, and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party. If we collect Third Party data, we will protect it as set out in these terms.
WEBSITE USAGE INFORMATION AND COOKIES
Our website, at www.juniorengineers.com.au, uses small data files called cookies on your computer, which you can choose to accept or decline. One of the primary purposes of a cookie is to save you time. A cookie tells the web server that you have returned to a specific webpage, and it helps the website to recall your information on subsequent visits.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but depending on your browser, you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website.
We may also use tracking software from third parties to track visitor action and activities on our website. This is used to improve the customer experience of our website users, and does not usually involve Personal Information.
We encourage you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to click through to from our website so that you understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We have no control over and are not responsible for the manner in which the hosts of other websites use personal information they collect from you.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the personal information we hold about you to do the following things:
- Deliver Junior Engineers programs, using booking information supplied by you to enrol participants into programs
- Communicate with any of Junior Engineers’ tutors, internal divisions, business units or departments.
- Work with partnered platforms to deliver subscription products teaching coding to participants - data will be provided to enable access to online learning platforms and/or program delivery partners.
- Engage with schools to identify appropriate participants in Junior Engineers programs; work with schools to deliver Junior Engineers programs in classrooms, incursions, extra-curricular programs associated with that school.
- Communications with professional service providers and advisors who perform functions on our behalf, such as lawyers.
- Communicate with you concerning our activities
- Conduct marketing activities
- Respond to feedback from you
- Develop and/or test our systems; and plan improvement of services delivered by Junior Engineers
- For our own internal administrative purposes.
SITUATIONS WHERE WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only disclose your Personal Information with related entities, contractors, suppliers used by us in the ordinary course of our business. This may include systems which provide access to coding courses and teaching resources; third parties who deliver our programs; IT services, data analysis, research or consultancy services. We may also be required to disclose your Personal Information where required or authorised by law.
By submitting your personal information to us, you expressly consent to us using your personal information to provide you with information about our products, services or events which we consider may be of interest to you or engage in any other direct marketing activity.
We may occasionally share your personal information with contracted parties who provide marketing support for our business (such as data processing, mailing, printing suppliers to deliver our marketing activities).
We may also use your personal information for the purpose of providing you with other information, if it is within your reasonable expectations that we would send you such information given the nature of previous communications with you.
You may at any time opt out of receiving any communications from us by using the “unsubscribe” facility included in an email you receive from us or by contacting us using the details set out at the bottom of this document.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your Personal Information is only accessible by those persons who require access to the Personal Information for the purposes of carrying out their work on our behalf.
When Personal Information (such as payment information) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If we suspect that a data breach has occurred, we will follow the requirements of the Data Breach Notification scheme under the Privacy Act. The requirements include notifying affected individuals and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner in some circumstances.
DESTRUCTION AND DE-IDENTIFICATION
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
Junior Engineers will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information. In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
MAINTAINING QUALITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This policy may change from time to time and the latest copy is available on our website.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions about this policy or if you have any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please contact us in writing using the following details:
The Privacy Officer
5/149 Musgrave Road, Red Hill
1300 089 344
Email: [email protected]
Last Updated: 10 November 2023